In my two years of blogging, with more than 800 followers, thousands of likes, hundreds of comments, I have encountered hundreds of different, talented and amazing writers along the way. I am blessed and will be forever thankful to be a part of this community. WordPress gave me a chance to be different and to embrace my weirdness.
Through the years, I’ve met a variety of bloggers, and I decided to share it with you.
Here it goes.
1. THE PASSIONATE BLOGGERS – I’d like to think that I am one of these people. They are in love with WordPress, they are driven and motivated to read, post and interact with the community. They post according to a coherent schedule, they make sure that their page is designed to attract readers and followers. They also motivate and impel current and new bloggers to do better as their page grows.
2. THE READERS – This is not a common type of blogger, I admit that although I read blogs all the time, I don’t always read long posts. We all tend to get bored when we are faced with five pages of tedious writing and a lot of us are lazy enough to just scroll down completely and press the like button without even reading the post. But these bloggers are laudable, they have a tremendous respect for reading. They are always interested, their hunger is always insatiable, they love indulging in the euphoric comfort of any written narrative. Clap!
3. THE COMMENTATORS – One of my favourite bloggers. They are sweet, kind and generous, they don’t just read, they also give feedbacks, suggestions and critique. They motivate bloggers by engaging in short but inspiring interactions. I believe that commenting and engaging in conversations through the comment section is one of the effective ways to grow your page and gain more followers, not just in WordPress, but also in other social media platforms.
4. THE HELLO/GOODBYE BLOGGERS – It’s hard to start a blog, although it’s rather simple to make an account and start blogging afterwards, keeping your page alive and active is a complex task, you have to give extra time, resources, you have to always put something new every couple of days or every week, it depends on how much you wanna put out, you have to post on a regular basis, you have to be there. These bloggers are the ones who start a blog with a purpose of sharing their experiences, their thoughts, their struggles, to the world. Everyone of us, I think, had the same purpose when we started out, but these people, they post once, and when they realise the amount of attention that they have to give the page, that you can’t have 100 followers just in a day, that you have to work for it, they puss out, they give up, and completely become inactive. They start and quit the same day. Totally sad.
5. THE PROMINENT BLOGGERS – I admire and respect this kind of bloggers. They have a large following and influence. They are the exemplar of dedication. They use their blogs and pages to promote a certain advocacy and cause. They are intellegent people who have the knowledge and spur to change the lives of the readers and their followers. They use their fame and reputation to diversify.
And there you have it, the 5 types of bloggers. I wasn’t able to include all of the types because I only encountered some of them which are the ones on my list.
Do you know any other type of bloggers?
What are they?
What kind of blogger are you?